Manchester
Show All Member Profiles 
Popular Topics(Views)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#563451 - 06/10/2003 02:34 PM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! ** [Re: Chris_Hutchinson]  
Guyster Offline
House-Head Extraordinaire
Guyster  Offline

Quote:

Chris_Hutchinson said:
Quote:

Guyster said:
And to be fair, people tend to be off their faces a lot more to HH! (hence "wicked" tunes being, some of time... "wank")

in my "opinion" of course

so............people dont take drugs in the music you play then?

I don't force them to.... what I'm saying is that (in my experience) myself and many people I know can and often do house and prog nights on no drugs.... I don't need them to dance to it....

I can't get though a HH night without them.... it softens the blow

I'm only having a tongue-in-cheek dig. I've got nothing against HH, I go to a lot of HH nights, and I have a good time, it's just not my chosen genre.

Surely you'll agree with me that if you compare, say, SS or Tidy Weekender then a shedload more drugs of all sorts are consumed than at say.... Ministry or Southport Weekender???

And I know it's to do with the energy of the music - you need to keep going., but then plenty of people say they don't need to do owt when the music's that good.... I mean you don't see people dribbling in corners, going under or getting carried out in the corner of Ministry, Maison or Pacha do you??

(PS - I know this will piss some people off, but I had to make my point. I'm not trying to start a "HH = shite, House = wank" thread)

Wildchild - where spacehoppers and pom poms rule Some bloke on the decks
#563452 - 06/10/2003 02:37 PM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! [Re: Guyster]  
CreamyC Offline
CreamyC  Offline

Carpal \'Tunnel

London
Quote:

Guyster said:

(PS - I know this will piss some people off, but I had to make my point. I'm not trying to start a "HH = shite, House = wank" thread)

No mate, they're your views and thats to be respected. Nice one, fuck what others think.

CreamyC™ Email: CreamyC@ClubTheWorld.com MSN: CreamyCTW@Hotmail.com Mobile: 07956 462 642 (T-Mobile)
#563453 - 06/10/2003 02:43 PM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! [Re: toxicdave]  
Chell_sat_on_a_rock Offline
Chell_sat_on_a_rock  Offline

Fraggle Rock
Its all a matter of opinion - i slag mosher music off cos i can't stand it. HH reminds me of classical music its all down to the individual and how they interpret sounds

Dance your cares away, worries for another day, let the music sway, down at fraggle rock!
#563454 - 06/10/2003 02:48 PM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! [Re: Chell_sat_on_a_rock]  
Snez Offline
Snez  Offline

Lichfield Staffs
let's just sue the sun for offending people.

One Day I woke Up, And I Realised That My Mind Wasn't Mine Anymore!
#563455 - 06/10/2003 03:09 PM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! [Re: Snez]  
Chris_Hutchinson Offline
Chris_Hutchinson  Offline

Leicester/Sheffield (Term Time...
Quote:

Snez said:

Just one small problem...the sun didnt print the article lol

MSN: lectrolux@hotmail.com "If rocking the house is a crime....let me be guilty!" For DJ Profile, click HERE
#563456 - 06/10/2003 03:10 PM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! [Re: Guyster]  
Chris_Hutchinson Offline

Guy - I know what ya saying mate, just didnt like the way it was made to look as if hardhouse is the only form of 'disposable' music (which it does belong to...)

Never know whats gonna happen with music tastes in the future so we shall have to wait and see what happens!!

MSN: lectrolux@hotmail.com "If rocking the house is a crime....let me be guilty!" For DJ Profile, click HERE
#563457 - 06/10/2003 03:20 PM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! [Re: Snez]  
CreamyC Offline
CreamyC  Offline

Carpal \'Tunnel

London
Quote:

Snez said:

What a ridiculous thing to say.

CreamyC™ Email: CreamyC@ClubTheWorld.com MSN: CreamyCTW@Hotmail.com Mobile: 07956 462 642 (T-Mobile)
#563458 - 06/10/2003 03:31 PM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! [Re: Chris_Hutchinson]  
Guyster Offline
Guyster  Offline

Quote:

Chris_Hutchinson said:
Guy - I know what ya saying mate, just didnt like the way it was made to look as if hardhouse is the only form of 'disposable' music (which it does belong to...)

Never know whats gonna happen with music tastes in the future so we shall have to wait and see what happens!!

Yup, can see how it came accross, and I didn't mean it like that, after all, who am I to say what's good and what's not?

There's nothing like a good argument.....

#563459 - 06/10/2003 03:35 PM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! [Re: Guyster]  
Chris_Hutchinson Offline

Quote:

Guyster said:

Nowt better then an arguement - especially when the opponent actually knows what they are going on about

#563460 - 06/10/2003 03:38 PM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! [Re: Guyster]  
Mod1 Offline
Wolfbagger
Mod1  Offline
Wolfbagger

Up my own arse
Quote:

I don't force them to.... what I'm saying is that (in my experience) myself and many people I know can and often do house and prog nights on no drugs.... I don't need them to dance to it....

I'm only having a tongue-in-cheek dig. I've got nothing against HH, I go to a lot of HH nights, and I have a good time, it's just not my chosen genre.

Surely you'll agree with me that if you compare, say, SS or Tidy Weekender then a shedload more drugs of all sorts are consumed than at say.... Ministry or Southport Weekender???

And I know it's to do with the energy of the music - you need to keep going., but then plenty of people say they don't need to do owt when the music's that good.... I mean you don't see people dribbling in corners, going under or getting carried out in the corner of Ministry, Maison or Pacha do you??

couldnt agree more guy

New Mix Mod1 'Circular' New Mix Mod1 'Rotation' Found IVE GOT MY FINGER UP MY ARSE AND MY COCK IS GOING OFF LIKE A SPUNKY FIREWORK
#563461 - 06/10/2003 03:56 PM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! [Re: Chris_Hutchinson]  
Guyster Offline
Guyster  Offline

Quote:

Chris_Hutchinson said:
Quote:

Guyster said:

Nowt better then an arguement - especially when the opponent actually knows what they are going on about

*puffs on pipe and sits back in armchair*

#563462 - 06/10/2003 03:57 PM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! [Re: Guyster]  
miss_diddy Offline
Mawias sex slave !
miss_diddy  Offline
Mawias sex slave !

hants
shall i fetch your slippers guy???

#563463 - 06/10/2003 04:00 PM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! [Re: miss_diddy]  
Guyster Offline
Guyster  Offline

and my paper goddammit woman!

#563464 - 06/10/2003 04:02 PM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! [Re: Guyster]  
miss_diddy Offline
Mawias sex slave !
miss_diddy  Offline
Mawias sex slave !

hants
ok sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!! cognac too???

#563465 - 06/10/2003 04:10 PM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! [Re: miss_diddy]  
LittleMissLoud Offline
LittleMissLoud  Offline

ClubTheWorld DJ

Loudy Land! (Souf London)
I think HH does have a higher percentage of people that get overly fucked than other genres, such as Funky, and although people will take drugs at Funky nights, they seem to be more sensible in the amounts they take.

But about needing drugs to enjoy HH - well I don't take anything out, and love my music.

If you really love the music/ atmosphere/ scene etc. you don't need the drugs in my opinion.

She who laughs last, laughs longest.
#563466 - 06/10/2003 05:47 PM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! [Re: Guyster]  
Phil_r Offline
Here's 10p
Phil_r  Offline
Here's 10p

Basingstoke
Quote:

Guyster said:
what would the atmos in a club like SS be if everyone was straight?? Would there be any?? Would there be anyone in the club?

this isn't a post against guyster, just using the quote....

i started clubbing 4 years ago and started messy clubbing 2 years ago - did sundis straight, just depends what ur reasons r for being in the club, if you enjoy the music being played (and got a reasonable sleep the night b4) u can do any 9-6 club without taking stuff.

straight nights a still fun for me (as long as the music right), but i do enjoy the night more when slightly messy because of the 'extra' i get. personally I'm not a completey-off-my-tits sort of person because if my legs go and i can't stand up (dance) then it totally ruins it for me

#563467 - 06/11/2003 06:36 AM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! [Re: Phil_r]  
Guyster Offline
Guyster  Offline

Totally agree Phil - and I'm not saying people can't or don't do HH nights straight and love it. I (don't laugh) did Frantic at MoS on bank hol in May straight - no beers and no beans, but then I did spend most of the night in the house room

Just my opinion that, in general, people at HH nights are more fvcked than, say, house or prog nights......

Anyone care to hypothesise???

Is it an age thing (HH crowd tends to be younger...?) or a music thing????

*(and no, I KNOW there are people going out to all sorts of nights that are 25, 30, 35.... etc, so don't have a go at me for being ageist! )

#563468 - 06/11/2003 11:59 AM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! [Re: Mr_Moo]  
majikman Offline
Smartie Pants
majikman  Offline
Smartie Pants

Crawley, West Sussex
I'm discovering that it's actually a very small minority of people that like hard house, but when I'm around you lot, it's easy to think that everyone likes it.

We are the minority... We are the chosen ones

lol I better get back to work!

#563469 - 06/11/2003 12:00 PM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! [Re: Guyster]  
Chris_Hutchinson Offline

Quote:

Guyster said:

Im thinking its down to age - a HUGE portion of clubbers into hard dance (with the obvious exception being Techno) are fairly young when compared to funky/prog house crowds...

#563470 - 06/11/2003 12:29 PM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! [Re: Chris_Hutchinson]  
Guyster Offline
Guyster  Offline

Quote:

Chris_Hutchinson said:
Quote:

Guyster said:

Im thinking its down to age - a HUGE portion of clubbers into hard dance (with the obvious exception being Techno) are fairly young when compared to funky/prog house crowds...

I was going to say it, but I didn't want to risk another backlash.... it's true though

#563471 - 06/12/2003 11:20 AM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! [Re: Guyster]  
rickd Offline
Just Because I Can
rickd  Offline
Just Because I Can

Somewhere
Quote:

Guyster said:

Yeah, but at ministry et al, everyone seems to worry more about how they look than about the music...

As someone else has said here... It does seem to be an age thing... The younger clubbers want it harder and seem to be experimenting a lot more... Then saying that, you will not find such a diverse age group than in the HH/HT scene in London, bizarrely this does not go for the rest of the country...

I love HH and can listen to decent HH all day long... When it is poorly produced then it grates very quickly...

#563472 - 06/17/2003 12:07 PM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! [Re: Mr_Happy]  
Slam_Master_G Offline
Slam_Master_G  Offline

London, E16
To all those HardHouse sceptics PLEASE! PLEASE! take a few moments to listen to HardHouse Anthems 4 by Nukleuz.

The album features proper nightclub mixing & totally breaks the boundries of what HardHouse used to sound like, the sound is fresh & new!!

Please listen to this, then comment on the genre.

Thanks guys!!

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway! ;-()
#563473 - 06/17/2003 02:14 PM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! [Re: Slam_Master_G]  
colonel_k Offline
colonel_k  Offline

Leeds, UK
Quote:

djgarry83 said:
The album features proper nightclub mixing & totally breaks the boundries of what HardHouse used to sound like, the sound is fresh & new!!

Mix CDs that come out, like HHA, and Extreme Euphoria are recorded in studios. And not just in 1 take, if they fuck up a mix... they'll go back and do it again until its pefect. Thats why the mixing on mix CDs is always good! So "nightclub mixing" na, not really!

GOOD CD THO!

Extreme Euphoria 3 is out next month, that'll be good!

colonel_k // Incision @ Paradise Club, Leeds 23/01 Frontiers Of Sound pres. '1st Barrier' @ Rock City, Nottingham 01/02 [e-mail] tidycolonelk@aol.com [msn] djcolonelk@hotmail.com [faceparty] www.faceparty.com/colonel_k
#563474 - 06/17/2003 02:15 PM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! [Re: Slam_Master_G]  
morphius69 Offline
morphius69  Offline

Bournemouth
People don't understand the Ideas behind HH, this is why it gets slated,
They don't understand how difficult it can be to get two different tunes exactly in synch, while chucking in the cuts and breaks. As for HH being repetative, I dont think it is. IMO its quality when ur jumping up and down in a club and knowing when that mix is gonna come...But waiting and waiting and then...

So yeh it can sound repetative but thats part of the attraction!

"My product is 51 times stronger than Cocaine, 51 times more hallucinogenic than Acid and 51 times more explosive than Ecstacy, It's like getting a personal visit from god!" morphius@wannafuck.net
#563475 - 06/17/2003 02:16 PM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! [Re: colonel_k]  
Rascal Offline
Little Minx
Rascal  Offline
Little Minx

In a pit!
HHA 4 is !

WiLDCHiLD\\6TH FEBRUARY\\HEAVEN\\9PM-7AM AFTERPARTY AT MILK RM1 - WiLDCHiLD V PASSION\\JUDGE JULES\\BK\\JFK\\ THRILLSEEKERS\\REECE ELLIOT\\MARC WEST\\SIMON PATERSON\\BRISKY RM2 - RIOT V STORM FEAT. CTW\\ED REAL\\PAUL GLAZBY\\KARIM\\CALLY & JUICE\\NICK LUNN\\LITTLE GEM\\DANNY GILLIGAN\\LEE HARRIS & CHRIS HAWKES\\TONY P\\CARL NICHOLSON RM3 - WiLDCHiLDMOTHERFUNKERS V MOONWALK RM4 - PUKKA UP RM5 - BECOME ONE\\MILK\\DIRTY DJ'S\\REVOLUTION
#563476 - 06/17/2003 02:16 PM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! [Re: morphius69]  
CreamyC Offline
CreamyC  Offline

Carpal \'Tunnel

London
Quote:

morphius69 said:
People don't understand the Ideas behind HH

I do. Its basically Hard House covering old tunes and making them sound shit.

#563477 - 06/17/2003 02:19 PM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! [Re: CreamyC]  
colonel_k Offline
colonel_k  Offline

Leeds, UK
anyone wanna buy my copy of HHA4 from me?

Signed by Rob Tissera!!!

only thing is, it says "ian mate! keep up the good work! take it easy buddy, Rob Tissera!"

Any Ians out there wanna buy it?

colonel_k // Incision @ Paradise Club, Leeds 23/01 Frontiers Of Sound pres. '1st Barrier' @ Rock City, Nottingham 01/02 [e-mail] tidycolonelk@aol.com [msn] djcolonelk@hotmail.com [faceparty] www.faceparty.com/colonel_k
#563478 - 06/17/2003 02:21 PM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! [Re: CreamyC]  
morphius69 Offline
morphius69  Offline

Bournemouth
Quote:

CreamyC said:
Quote:

morphius69 said:
People don't understand the Ideas behind HH

I do. Its basically Hard House covering old tunes and making them sound shit.

No that's Hardcore

"My product is 51 times stronger than Cocaine, 51 times more hallucinogenic than Acid and 51 times more explosive than Ecstacy, It's like getting a personal visit from god!" morphius@wannafuck.net
#563479 - 06/17/2003 02:24 PM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! [Re: morphius69]  
CreamyC Offline
CreamyC  Offline

Carpal \'Tunnel

London
And its also Hard House lately, thats all I hear, is shit covers of crap.

LEAVE FELIX'S "DONT YOU WANT ME" ALONE.

#563480 - 06/17/2003 03:19 PM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! [Re: CreamyC]  
morphius69 Offline
morphius69  Offline

Bournemouth
Quote:

CreamyC said:

LEAVE FELIX'S "DONT YOU WANT ME" ALONE.

Ok, agreed, on that one anyway

#563481 - 06/17/2003 03:21 PM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! [Re: morphius69]  
colonel_k Offline
colonel_k  Offline

Leeds, UK
Steve Hill - My Lovin' (Y2K) there was just no need!!

#563482 - 06/17/2003 03:31 PM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! [Re: colonel_k]  
CreamyC Offline
CreamyC  Offline

Carpal \'Tunnel

London
The fucking Communards - "Dont Leave Me This Way"

WHAT ?

Lisa Pinup - hang your head in shame.

#563483 - 06/17/2003 11:53 PM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! [Re: morphius69]  
liquideyes Offline
Anti-fun Campaigner
liquideyes  Offline
Anti-fun Campaigner

London, UK
Quote:

morphius69 said:
They don't understand how difficult it can be to get two different tunes exactly in synch, while chucking in the cuts and breaks

??? That goes for any dance music!

Except, from a purely technical perspective it tends to be easier to mix hard house because the tracks usually have very formulaic structures, more similar basslines, and less melodic content (so there are more combinations of tunes that sound okay mixed together).

BTW I hope Hardhouse Anthems 4 is better than HHA2, which (regrettably) I bought for the extortionate sum of £3.99 from a bargain bin. In fact I tend to steer clear of anything with "anthems" in the title these days.

#563484 - 06/18/2003 07:51 AM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! [Re: liquideyes]  
CreamyC Offline
CreamyC  Offline

Carpal \'Tunnel

London
Quote:

liquideyes said:
In fact I tend to steer clear of anything with "anthems" in the title these days.

Agreed, anthems my arse.

#563485 - 06/18/2003 09:33 AM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! [Re: liquideyes]  
Guyster Offline
Guyster  Offline

Quote:

liquideyes said:
Quote:

morphius69 said:
They don't understand how difficult it can be to get two different tunes exactly in synch, while chucking in the cuts and breaks

??? That goes for any dance music!

Except, from a purely technical perspective it tends to be easier to mix hard house because the tracks usually have very formulaic structures, more similar basslines, and less melodic content (so there are more combinations of tunes that sound okay mixed together).

:bow:

I'm not slating hard house here, and nor is mr liquideyes, but it does tend to stick to a pretty basic formula in terms of drums and bassline. (in general, before people start mentioning specific tracks). In my opinion, while it doesn't seem hard to make, it's hard to make WELL, like any music. It's easy to make run of the mill dance music in any genre, it's making decent stuff that requires the skill.

However, it DOES bug me that so many HH tunes out right now are covers of decent house or trance tunes. I mean, they're not exactly stretching the producers, and, while some are great (the rework of "Fixation" for one) they've spawned some less good (imho) ones:

Shakedown - At night (the vocal sounds ridiculous)
Bedrock - Heaven Scent (CRIMINAL! )

These are two of my favourite tunes and they've been wrecked. And what I hate is the way some HH people say "funky" house is crap, when half the tunes they're wiggling away to are sampled from house records!

#563486 - 06/18/2003 10:11 AM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! [Re: Mr_Happy]  
Adi__J Offline
Adi__J  Offline

Cum2Beds!
Whos heard the new fergie mixmag CD?? what a load of shit! Funky techno is so boring, i prefer fluffy trance to that shit, hardhouse is good but to an ageing journalist who will never know the true meaning of hard house music, then let em say what they like! I'm very fussy though on what hard house i like, i certainly only think 20% tunes out of 100 is actually good, the rest is bollox but thats like any other genre.

Solution: problem solved
#563487 - 06/18/2003 10:22 AM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! [Re: Adi__J]  
Guyster Offline
Guyster  Offline

Not heard it - but the first tune from my mate's record label is track 4 so careful now

Fergie's stuff doesn't really excite me tho.

If I want techno there are loads of other DJs I'd choose:

Coxy, Jeff Mills, Umek, Slam etc etc

#563488 - 06/18/2003 10:45 AM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! [Re: liquideyes]  
rickd Offline
Just Because I Can
rickd  Offline
Just Because I Can

Somewhere
Quote:

liquideyes said:
BTW I hope Hardhouse Anthems 4 is better than HHA2, which (regrettably) I bought for the extortionate sum of £3.99 from a bargain bin. In fact I tend to steer clear of anything with "anthems" in the title these days.

It's a hell of a lot better...

#563489 - 06/18/2003 11:09 AM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! [Re: rickd]  
Guyster Offline
Guyster  Offline

To be fair - if Tissera's involved, it's not going to be wank

#563490 - 06/18/2003 12:02 PM Re: The Suns view of Hardhouse!!!!!! [Re: Guyster]  
colonel_k Offline
colonel_k  Offline

Leeds, UK
Quote:

Guyster said:
To be fair - if Tissera's involved, it's not going to be wank

Rob Tissera

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 33 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Admin2017, Dj_Watson, Lucy_fur, Banana_Moo, jackripper
2123 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
CreamyC 31,828
Maria 22,280
Claire DC 21,708
Mr_Moo 14,793
James_dup1 12,468
Mr_Happy 11,873
SarahPvc 10,883