Well, it was my first trip to the great bus depot in the middle of no-where that is Passion, and I must say I was very impressed with Mr. Kinch's little endeavour.

From the moment I walked into the main room, the sheer size of the place was what impressed me. The main room seemed to go on for miles, and the myriad of little passageways and crannies tucked away in the bowels of the club were a mission to explore.

As for the DJ's, all of them played excellent sets. I've rarely heard John '00' Fleming play better, and when he dropped his remix of Cafe Del Mar I danced so much I was sweating like Matthew Kelly in a nursery. JFK played to the crowd as only a resident can, and Cosmic Gate blew me out of the water with their rerub of The Wave. Meanwhile, the astounding MYNC Project took my head off with their four deck mixing. Simply breath taking.

But what really stuck with me will be John Kelly's set. Apart from being a half hour later (whilst they sobered him up ), the cheerful scouse chappy kept the crowd entertained/annoyed with his MCing, dodgy mixing and downright weird mix of Jungle Bros. I'll House You over the original Cafe Del Mar. Still, it remains a good memory.

Overall, the friendliness of Passion will stick with me forever. The little touches around the club, from the attitude of the staff to the cage I managed to break into to the camera crew walking around really made it one of the best clubbing experiences for me of 2002. Not bad for NYE.

TUNE OF THE NIGHT

Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Power of Love (Rob Searle remix)

What a way to bring in the new year.

QUOTE OF THE NIGHT

"Good evening Passion, I am John Kelly. And I am having a very good time. I hope you are having a good time also on this NYE. I'm going to play some of the most amazing records you'll ever hear, and you're gonna dance like you've never danced before"

Well said.

------------------------------------------------- Harder. Faster. Better. Stronger. Badder. Smarter. Wub Wub