Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#697268 - 10/23/2003 01:10 PM Negative Member Feedback  
James_dup1 Offline
James_dup1  Offline

ClubTheWorld Founder

London
I think its about time that members on here can see the negative feedback we have from VERY valued members, sorry, OLD members - who choose to not frequent the site anymore.

I'm not saying I agree or dis-agree with any or all of the comments but I think its important that those who care about this site and the direction of it read these statements and see if they can understand or relate to any of them.

I can only promise that we most definitely WILL turn this site around, back to the days when people joined because they were given a card by a friendly clubber ...

"it used to be fun but now everyone is shagging everyone, and its just an excuse to gossip and slag off!"

"unless you get rid of half the people on there you will NEVER get it back to being fun!"

"i could give you a list of about half the site with reasons to get rid of them all its all bolloxs nothing like it used to be!. i dont care if you show this convo to anyone else cos its what i think!"

"i now only go on there to check my pms !"

"every one needs to grow up! were not at primary school any more!"

"i find myself going on CTW less and less these days - i never thought that would happen. i use other forums these days. one is more funky orientated."

"i'm probably sodding off CTW now, i really can't be arsed with it, hence the lack of posts over the past week. rank banter, dull people, stupid self-interested promoters, and hundreds of posts that i'm not even remotely interested in. fuck it, i've actually had enough, and come to the realisation i'm spending far too much of my time on here, and there's actually a world outside there full of interesting people and good nights, and anyway spending time on here is all for nothing since it's all english folk. half the meet-ups are shite anyway, full of fucked-up mongos who can't think straight & can't see, either, and who have shite music taste and talk about nothing but fucking drugs. yeah nice. when it comes down to it, i mean what's the incentive for me to come to a meet-up when the people i meet are gonna be like <druggie> or whatever. or when the nights are going to be as shit as <night>. folk like <dude> are quality, but they're few and far between on a site like this, so fuck it."

James Myddelton
ClubTheWorld Admin
Email: jamesmyddelton@gmail.com
"CTW... Where real people meet real friends ..."
#697269 - 10/23/2003 01:50 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: James_dup1]  
miss_diddy Offline
Mawias sex slave !
miss_diddy  Offline
Mawias sex slave !

hants
Any suggestions, Idea's as to how exactly you are going to do this James???

#697270 - 10/23/2003 01:51 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: miss_diddy]  
Maria Offline
Maria  Offline

Likes it HARD !

On your face.
build a funky board to bring all the fun people back

#697271 - 10/23/2003 01:55 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: Maria]  
miss_diddy Offline
Mawias sex slave !
miss_diddy  Offline
Mawias sex slave !

hants
Quote:

Maria said:

you mean FUNKY....................... So that is it then, Harddance peeps are not fun???? hmmmmmmmm?????

#697272 - 10/23/2003 02:25 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: miss_diddy]  
LittleMissLoud Offline
LittleMissLoud  Offline

ClubTheWorld DJ

Loudy Land! (Souf London)
It's not about getting rid of Hard Dance completely, it's about getting a healthy balance back between House/ Funky/ Trance/ Hard/ Tech/ DnB/ whatever.

She who laughs last, laughs longest.
#697273 - 10/23/2003 02:32 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: LittleMissLoud]  
miss_diddy Offline
Mawias sex slave !
miss_diddy  Offline
Mawias sex slave !

hants
Quote:

LittleMissLoud said:
It's not about getting rid of Hard Dance completely, it's about getting a healthy balance back between House/ Funky/ Trance/ Hard/ Tech/ DnB/ whatever.

yep & decent members

#697274 - 10/23/2003 02:36 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: miss_diddy]  
Jay Offline
Is Cliquey
Jay  Offline
Is Cliquey

Listening to Khemikal Imbalanc...
hhhhhhmmmmmm indeed.

people keep stressing the fact lately that this is one community, to cater for all tastes.
It doesnt seem like that lately, I may be mistaken but James I feel personally mate that you yourself have been creating a slight "them & us" mind set.(as well as others)
Not completely but you have had your part and as you created this thread you are my example.
This bullshit about a funky site for the serious clubbers & a HH for the kids is ridiculous.
If i remember rightly you were bang into your HH last year, have you become a more serious clubber since your conversion.
No

the main issue which has changed the feel of the board is that it is different people on the board now, last year it was a lot more of a tighter group.

over xmas there was a massive influx of new members, there was like 200 over jan wasnt there and alot of the older peeps dropped off because the board became to fast, and full of people they dont know. not all people (myself include) can be bothered to talk to loads of random people again, who fuck off after 5 mins. Dont get me wrong, alot of good people have joined since and im sure i would get on great with them, but i dont know them so / i havnt met them, so how can i have a community spirit??

you have changed since then aswell james imo, you have had to make some lifestyle changes which i respect you for but your not "one of us" in the same sense you were. i am not the only person to feel like that & personally i feel as youve met us and we have known each other for around a year & you know us on a personall basis not just on the web yeah you should value us.

im not saying we should get better treatment, thats bullshit were all equals but when you say stuff "them and us" it makes me wonder what was the point of meeting you in the first place?? if it wasnt to create a friendship why was it to improve your social life temporarily??. at the end of the day when this site has finally run its course how many people on here will be mates outside of it. that is more important, that is REAL which is why the site had a better atmosphere last year.

REAL FRIENDSHIPS

Not internet banter and bullshit which means nothing.

I love this site, i like & respect you and kev (although kev is a bit of a cunt) but its hard to keep a community spirit with a bigger site with lots of new people all the time.

in conclusion, it will NEVER be like it was bacuse the site is to big, i think we should re prioritise becuase trying to change the site back to how it was will just kill it.
and none of us want that.

if this has pissed anyone off im sorry but its my honest opinion if just a little hastily typed.

#697275 - 10/23/2003 02:41 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: Jay]  
Don Offline
Don  Offline

ClubTheWorld Head Moderator

k / back row (4-8)
Spot on Jay - that is the truth of the matter. We just now need to decide as a group what should happen..... it's going to be difficult no matter what.

Walks quietly but carries a big Fin.
#697276 - 10/23/2003 02:44 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: Don]  
Capn_Jack Offline
Capn_Jack  Offline

I'm a Member !

The Fiery Underbelly of Hell "...
Smaller communities within a larger community. Local area meetups for people living within certain areas and then large scale meetups that the site has and is used to.

I don't do much on this planet, but David Blaine has taught me that I could do less!!
#697277 - 10/23/2003 02:50 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: Capn_Jack]  
CreamyC Offline
CreamyC  Offline

Carpal \'Tunnel

London
Quote:

Capn_Jack said:
Smaller communities within a larger community. Local area meetups for people living within certain areas and then large scale meetups that the site has and is used to.

Correct. It gets bigger we arrange regional meets like whats being planned. THATS OUR INTENTION. To pro-actively arrange meet-ups for members on a regional basis and a national basis - ie, Alton Towers etc. WE organise that for OUR MEMBERS.

Yes, this is ClubTheWorld but we are more than just a clubbing website, we want to be more, we will be more. We want active weekenders, trips etc, we WILL do this and we WILL achieve this sooner or later, changes are expected in the new year and plans have been laid, we will be introducing this in the new year but it needs careful planning so we can organise good meets that people will talk about and meet new mates, thats why we ARE here. See ClubTheWorld Picnic. More of those next year, thats our aim and thats what we WILL achieve.

If you want to help OR have ideas then please let me know.

CreamyC™ Email: CreamyC@ClubTheWorld.com MSN: CreamyCTW@Hotmail.com Mobile: 07956 462 642 (T-Mobile)
#697278 - 10/23/2003 02:53 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: Jay]  
Highlander Offline
Highlander  Offline

Funking it up!!!!!
Quote:

but its hard to keep a community spirit with a bigger site with lots of new people all the time.

i'm not having a go at all jay (as i dont know you so please dont take this like that) as i get what you mean!!
but at the same time i think that there is still a spirit as most of us have met a few people at various events and meet ups and keep in touch with each other thro the site and travel to meet up with each other reg.Fair enough i am classed as one of the new ones as i only joined at the begining of the year but i do feel welcomed by people that have been here for a long time,its sad that people that have been here for ages feel that they dont like whats happeningbut even with the best will in the world you cannot please everyone and that is not meant as being nasty its just the truth,i for one would be glad if someone thinks that i am out of line pm's me and tells me,then i will try my hardest to sort it out unless i feel i have a very good reason and i would explain that!!!

Living the dream!!!!! Idle thumbs are dangerous!!!!!!
#697279 - 10/23/2003 02:53 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: CreamyC]  
miss_diddy Offline
Mawias sex slave !
miss_diddy  Offline
Mawias sex slave !

hants
Quote:

CreamyC said:

Yes, this is ClubTheWorld but we are more than just a clubbing website, we want to be more, we will be more. We want active weekenders, trips etc, we WILL do this and we WILL achieve this sooner or later, changes are expected in the new year and plans have been laid, we will be introducing this in the new year but it needs careful planning so we can organise good meets that people will talk about and meet new mates, thats why we ARE here. See ClubTheWorld Picnic. More of those next year, thats our aim and thats what we WILL achieve.

If you want to help OR have ideas then please let me know.

Possibly change the name of the site??? Club&meettheworld!!!

#697280 - 10/23/2003 02:53 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: CreamyC]  
Tony.P Offline
ClubTheWorld DJ
Tony.P  Offline
ClubTheWorld DJ

The Land Of Nod
I agree with you Jay (especially about kev being a cunt) sorry if this upsets anyone

the site will be destroyed and the community which stands too.

#697281 - 10/23/2003 02:53 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: CreamyC]  
Jay Offline
Is Cliquey
Jay  Offline
Is Cliquey

im definitely up for more picnics

#697282 - 10/23/2003 04:02 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: Highlander]  
Jay Offline
Is Cliquey
Jay  Offline
Is Cliquey

Quote:

Highlander said:
Quote:

but its hard to keep a community spirit with a bigger site with lots of new people all the time.

i'm not having a go at all jay (as i dont know you so please dont take this like that) as i get what you mean!!
but at the same time i think that there is still a spirit as most of us have met a few people at various events and meet ups and keep in touch with each other thro the site and travel to meet up with each other reg.Fair enough i am classed as one of the new ones as i only joined at the begining of the year but i do feel welcomed by people that have been here for a long time,its sad that people that have been here for ages feel that they dont like whats happeningbut even with the best will in the world you cannot please everyone and that is not meant as being nasty its just the truth,i for one would be glad if someone thinks that i am out of line pm's me and tells me,then i will try my hardest to sort it out unless i feel i have a very good reason and i would explain that!!!

i agree with what youre saying, the spirit is still there, just underneath lots of bullshit.
I also agree you cannot please everyone, that is impossible.
All im saying is that we should accept what we are now and not try to be what we were. We can all still make worthwhile friendships on here. This year i have met lots of people i like such as Maria & lisa but its harder to find these people / get to know them with the board moving much faster & lots of people on here who dont really give a shit.

#697283 - 10/23/2003 04:06 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: Jay]  
Maria Offline
Maria  Offline

Likes it HARD !

On your face.
Thank you Jay.

#697284 - 10/23/2003 04:22 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: Maria]  
miss_diddy Offline
Mawias sex slave !
miss_diddy  Offline
Mawias sex slave !

hants
Thankyou Jay .

#697285 - 10/23/2003 04:41 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: Maria]  
James_dup1 Offline
James_dup1  Offline

ClubTheWorld Founder

London
Quote:

Maria said:

look, i fucked up mentioning 'its because of young hh people' - its got NOTHING to do with that.

The site needs to cover ALL genres and ALL clubbing age groups (including HH and including youngsters)

How we do this is being looked at - its mostly my fault for desiging the site so badly that people could take advantage and abuse it etc. This will change over time but this is now a LONG TERM plan. Kev also has some very good ideas for the new year. If you arent happy on here right now I suggest coming back in 6 months when we 'may' have it sorted.

James Myddelton
ClubTheWorld Admin
#697286 - 10/23/2003 04:48 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: Capn_Jack]  
James_dup1 Offline
James_dup1  Offline

ClubTheWorld Founder

London
Quote:

Capn_Jack said:

agreed, but we've said this before - problem is NO ONE comes forward to arrange these local meets properly. Sure we've had wannabes come and go but we need TRUSTED people who are welcoming to everyone in that area and who can be arsed to spend hours a week planning meets properly. We've had 2 or 3 attempts at CTW Reps - but it just went to their heads and people start USING us again so we ditched the whole concept.

I guess its just a question of time now until we find out who can be trusted to do what and for the right reasons. I think the whole problem is we're too 'young' a site / in-experienced, and we've also grown our membership far too quickly for our own good - hence why I partly think all promotion should be ditched and we go back to word-of-mouth (the best type of promotion in the world, and what was the WHOLE basis of our initial success!).

You are all right - the site is attracting too many people for our own good - we cant expect to welcome them all - i know i dont anymore - its sooo time consuming - not to say i dont want to. The people i look out for though are the ones who have made the effort to go to anyhting but the local bar/club - basically anyone who joins for the reason on the front page.

James Myddelton
ClubTheWorld Admin
#697287 - 10/23/2003 04:54 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: James_dup1]  
James_dup1 Offline
James_dup1  Offline

ClubTheWorld Founder

London
Kev and I have a meeting once a week in London - you are all welcome to attend if you have constructive things to say and want to see a successful community formed.

I think people get the wrong end of a lot of sticks on the board - its not the best place for discussing direction - certainly not for me - i'm probably the worst at putting words down about what i ACTUALLY mean. In person I believe I come across correctly and we can all brainstorm out our points properly.

Of course we can get back into the situation whereby we have too many people involved again (and for the wrong reasons again) but i think there are a lot of people on here who do give a stuff about the direction of the site and believe in the same concepts as those who started it.

I reckon 2 or 3 open sessions with key members (not just long term members) is what is needed and count amount to progress which could only be made via 100,000 posts online.

sadly the meets will be in London - this is a MAJOR problem which we're currently trying to sort as well but we can only do what we can do and to be honest location doesnt come into it when we're talking about a web site which can be used anywhere.

James Myddelton
ClubTheWorld Admin
#697288 - 10/23/2003 05:05 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: James_dup1]  
Capn_Jack Offline
Capn_Jack  Offline

I'm a Member !

Quote:

James said:
Quote:

Capn_Jack said:

agreed, but we've said this before - problem is NO ONE comes forward to arrange these local meets properly. Sure we've had wannabes come and go but we need TRUSTED people who are welcoming to everyone in that area and who can be arsed to spend hours a week planning meets properly. We've had 2 or 3 attempts at CTW Reps - but it just went to their heads and people start USING us again so we ditched the whole concept.

I was thinking along the lines of meetups, say by county and they are suggested by the members as opposed to someone dedicated to the job. So it would be a member driven initiative, based upon any night that people can make it to. The events would then not be up to one person, but up to the community.

It may not always work and few people may turn up, feedback on the nights may encourage others to join in and may encourage people to join.

Just a few thoughts I've hastly come up with.

I don't do much on this planet, but David Blaine has taught me that I could do less!!
#697289 - 10/23/2003 05:10 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: Capn_Jack]  
James_dup1 Offline
James_dup1  Offline

ClubTheWorld Founder

London
thing is Jack - we tried all this before and have learnt that its down to people like kev to get all the details up about the meet and with definitive meet up times etc. for it to be a success.

people organise their own meet-ups and this works well - they PM, MSN, post on the site etc.. - but for us to have properly organised CTW meets for NEW members coming to the site we cant just let the community take responsibility for this and hope that a few members come forward to sort it out - it doesnt happen mostly, but when it does people end up changing dates/times etc.. to suit people who cant make it etc - the whole thing ends up badly organised. We need to be more professional and forward planning for the larger county based meets - and this we hope we will have a good plan for in early 2004.

its all good experience at the end of the day

James Myddelton
ClubTheWorld Admin
#697290 - 10/23/2003 05:12 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: James_dup1]  
Capn_Jack Offline
Capn_Jack  Offline

I'm a Member !

Ah now I see.

#697291 - 10/24/2003 09:52 AM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: Jay]  
liquideyes Offline
Anti-fun Campaigner
liquideyes  Offline
Anti-fun Campaigner

London, UK
Quote:

Jay said:
REAL FRIENDSHIPS
Not internet banter and bullshit which means nothing.

Disagreed.

Ultimately, the main reason I came on here was to make more [real] friends (which makes CTW a success in my book).

However, unlike yourself, I do not pour scorn on the idea of having an online social life. Sometimes I really like chatting with people (who I may or may not have actually met) about music or (god forbid) "serious" things that (believe it or not) some people find interesting.

Some of the most interesting people on here, I probably will not ever get the chance to meet, purely for logistical reasons.

In another of your posts you scoffed at the notion that people might actually discuss their "serious issues" online. Fair enough if you think you are too cool to have online friends; the fact is some people do like these forums, so why write them off as meaningless?

I agree that there is a lot of "banter and bullshit" as well as genuinely interesting discussion, but personally I still have cause to come on the site and chat.

#697292 - 10/24/2003 10:13 AM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: liquideyes]  
CreamyC Offline
CreamyC  Offline

Carpal \'Tunnel

London
Agreed with liquideyes.

CreamyC™ Email: CreamyC@ClubTheWorld.com MSN: CreamyCTW@Hotmail.com Mobile: 07956 462 642 (T-Mobile)
#697293 - 10/24/2003 11:03 AM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: CreamyC]  
Jay Offline
Is Cliquey
Jay  Offline
Is Cliquey

Ok, thats fair enough.
excuse me if i dont really take it on board though.

#697294 - 10/24/2003 11:56 AM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: James_dup1]  
Andrew Offline
Andrew  Offline

London
Quote:

James said:
...we've also grown our membership far too quickly for our own good - hence why I partly think all promotion should be ditched and we go back to word-of-mouth (the best type of promotion in the world, and what was the WHOLE basis of our initial success!).

You are all right - the site is attracting too many people for our own good - we cant expect to welcome them all - i know i dont anymore...

Hey all,

Personally I agree that 'rate of growth' and 'how CTW grows' are two key things that will determine the atmosphere and culture of the board/ community.

Rate of growth
High rate of growth: More commerically viable/ Increased profile for ppl who set up the site and CTW DJs
Lower rate of growth: More stability in the community/ More community spirit because of this

It would seem quite useful if there was agreement from the 'key members' about which of these two mutually exclusive options CTW wants to go for. Personally I see some of the big disagreements previously as linked to linked to this question. Getting agreement/ clarity on it might well stop these types of problems resurfacing in the fture.

How CTW grows
I also agree that the way ppl join and the site grows effects the culture. If ppl are recommended by current CTW members (by CTW cards, etc) they are more likely to fit in and get on, etc Whereas if ppl join via another route (e.g. see the website name on a banner, poster, advert, etc) there is definately less quality control (god that sounds a bit sh*t) on whether the ppl will fit in.

What i reckon
The main thing I would say is for the core group on the site to get a clear approach on these two things. For what its worth I agree with where I think James is on this. Personally I think the site works best as a slower growing community, where 99% of members join because they met a cool person in a club. (e.g. stopping all publicity accept CTW cards). Whilst this might not meet the objectives of some people (in terms of profile building, creating a commercial success) it is the approach that seems to support the community most (what I understand to be the main objective). And it also differentiates CTW very well from other clubbing sites (which have gone down the other route).

Just a couple of thoughts on the matter

andrew

#697295 - 10/24/2003 01:12 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: Andrew]  
Jay Offline
Is Cliquey
Jay  Offline
Is Cliquey

very true

#697296 - 10/24/2003 01:21 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: Jay]  
Daredevil_Tony Offline
"Ello Dave"
Daredevil_Tony  Offline
"Ello Dave"

European Union
I only joined the site this year so I cant really comment on how it used to be.

Just wanna say Ive meet some fantastic people through CTW, honest and caring people who would do a lot for each other.
Didnt know anyone could be as nice as some of the CTW lot!!

"No way would I poison my body with that shite" London 2012
#697297 - 10/24/2003 01:26 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: Andrew]  
James_dup1 Offline
James_dup1  Offline

ClubTheWorld Founder

London
Some very good, clear, words there Andrew - thank you. Totally agreed.

CTW is not after 'commericial success' - well not as far as I'm concerned anyway. Its not a numbers game to me and I've even moved away from thinking that CTW should be a brand. It should be a name that the true members respect, because they are part of it, but I dont see it as being something which everyone who isnt already part of the community should respect - until they are part of the community. I want people to make their own minds up about us and first and foremost join the site for the right reasons - because they want to go on more varied events and meet new friends - and not just as a 5 minute wonder but friends for long term.

Whereas some sites grow and achieve well by having their logo on 60,000 flyers, i dont think we do - i want everyone who is on this board to be a real part of the community and to go out regularly with sub-communities on the board (i now realise we cant expect to have just 1 large community, although i still think some kind of annual meet is do-able)

I think most promotion 'sucks' and in our case its casting a wrong image (negative or positive) about the site / the purpose. I will not join into these promotion games which I dont believe in.

One day I want it to be a case whereby if some random person on the street sees the CTW logo on a poster/flyer, they know that its a properly organised CTW meet-up with member DJs playing. It should gaurantee 'quality' and say to someone 'if you come along to one of our events you will meet more like-minded friends - who will be on-going friends'

Having said that maybe I just live in cloud-cooko land - but due to me going through years of clubbing on my own and realising that there are load of others in the same boat, who also want to try 'different' events & different areas I have a hunch this just might work - like it used to.

Word of mouth will always be the strongest and best promotion in my eyes - particularly in CTW's case. Its also works negatively of course, which is why we're going through this 'quiet patch' - but come 2004 we'll be FULLY back on track whether people like it or not.

James Myddelton
ClubTheWorld Admin
#697298 - 10/24/2003 04:02 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: James_dup1]  
FredTheBaddie Offline
FredTheBaddie  Offline

Fat Tulip's Garden
Change is inevitable. And always good.

Fred The Baddie Email: FredTheBaddie at ClubTheWorld dot com MSN: Fox_Raynard at hotmail dot com I am not part of any majority -- Now in my MP3 player : Agnelli & Nelson - Holding on to Nothing --
#697299 - 10/24/2003 04:12 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: FredTheBaddie]  
miss_diddy Offline
Mawias sex slave !
miss_diddy  Offline
Mawias sex slave !

hants
Quote:

FredTheBaddie said:

take your own advise, schange your hair!!

#697300 - 10/24/2003 04:13 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: Daredevil_Tony]  
xpaulax Offline
xpaulax  Offline

yorkshire
Quote:

Daredevil_Tony said:

Just wanna say Ive meet some fantastic people through CTW, honest and caring people who would do a lot for each other.

yeah i 2nd that, ive met some great ppl off here too

sarcasm is the lowest form off wit. if wit was shit you would be constipated
#697301 - 10/24/2003 04:15 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: xpaulax]  
miss_diddy Offline
Mawias sex slave !
miss_diddy  Offline
Mawias sex slave !

hants
Quote:

xpaulax said:
Quote:

Daredevil_Tony said:

yeah i 2nd that, ive met some great ppl off here too

thirded, I think the positive out weighs the negative at the end of the day

#697302 - 10/24/2003 04:31 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: Capn_Jack]  
jon_m Offline
King Cunt
jon_m  Offline
King Cunt

my negative comment feedback would be that there are too many posts like this now! too many 'what can we do..' where are we going wrong...' its tiresome - nothin seems to change so why keep bringing it up - its one of the reasons iv been comin on less recently

just to add to that though - people iv met from this site have been cool as fuck (again.... except creamy who is a bit of a cunt), and is the reason i wont stop comin on here full time as i dont want to lose touch with members who i class as friends.

#697303 - 10/24/2003 05:16 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: jon_m]  
cheeky_chick Offline
Just plain nuts !
cheeky_chick  Offline
Just plain nuts !

in hell wiv a hangover!
liquideyes can i be your friend,pretty please......
i promise not to talk about sex!

#697304 - 10/25/2003 09:20 AM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: cheeky_chick]  
liquideyes Offline
Anti-fun Campaigner
liquideyes  Offline
Anti-fun Campaigner

London, UK
Hooray, a new friend!

#697305 - 10/25/2003 09:29 AM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: liquideyes]  
miss_diddy Offline
Mawias sex slave !
miss_diddy  Offline
Mawias sex slave !

hants
Quote:

liquideyes said:
Hooray, a new friend!

You'll have to share Andy, as she is already my bessie mate!!! So technically thats two new freinds eh!!

#697306 - 10/25/2003 01:16 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: liquideyes]  
cheeky_chick Offline
Just plain nuts !
cheeky_chick  Offline
Just plain nuts !

in hell wiv a hangover!
Quote:

liquideyes said:
Hooray, a new friend!

oh im all excited now!!!

#697307 - 10/25/2003 06:19 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: cheeky_chick]  
Tommy Offline
Techno Shmechno
Tommy  Offline
Techno Shmechno

Bee-orny-muff
Jamundino: couple of ideas:

Maybe get rid of the promote youself forum. only let regular (non promoters) post in the events suggestions to avoid promoters spamming.

It is interesting to see how people now arrange meetups themselves but still post about them. i think people are still welcomed to these meets, just because you're not there doesn't mean that people don't still meetup and join the site (probs even more because u r not there!).

CTW never will have that feeling it had last year (esp in dec, when I first met Jay ).

James: you really need to come up with a list of things that you are going to put in place.

Its cool to see CTW going through some changes, we just have to make sure they're for the best.

Full respec for the people who have been here and supported the site.

#697308 - 10/25/2003 07:11 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: Tommy]  
James_dup1 Offline
James_dup1  Offline

ClubTheWorld Founder

London
yeah, agreed Tommy - i'm gonna plan stuff out better from now on - i finally confess i'm just digging up old issues again and again - time to put real plans in place and let everyone know whats going on more with earlier notifications of change.

James Myddelton
ClubTheWorld Admin
#697309 - 10/25/2003 07:12 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: James_dup1]  
jon_m Offline
King Cunt
jon_m  Offline
King Cunt

Quote:

James said:
yeah, agreed Tommy - i'm gonna plan stuff out better from now on - i finally confess i'm just digging up old issues again and again - time to put real plans in place and let everyone know whats going on more with earlier notifications of change.

nice one!! good call!!

#697310 - 10/25/2003 07:16 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: jon_m]  
James_dup1 Offline
James_dup1  Offline

ClubTheWorld Founder

London
to be honest i dont know what planet i've been on these last 2 weeks - i can only put it down to work and other worries - is difficult for me not to let them affect my presence on CTW but i should try to refrain from letting it in future !

Last night at Wildchild was a major success and i realised all this board stuff means far less than we make of it - me and kev especially - the point being that everyone out last night had a fantastic time and we all got on superbly and all there for the same and right reasons - to have fun. I think during the week our other issues in life come into play on the board but the fact remains that when we're out we have FUN - fact - and thats ALL that matters in respect of this web site

I'm sure come monday/tuesday i'll be winging about something else lol - joke

James Myddelton
ClubTheWorld Admin
#697311 - 10/25/2003 07:21 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: James_dup1]  
xpaulax Offline
xpaulax  Offline

yorkshire
everybody winges at times. i think its great when u go out to a club, and meet others off here. theres some really sound ppl on here

sarcasm is the lowest form off wit. if wit was shit you would be constipated
#697312 - 10/25/2003 07:24 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: xpaulax]  
James_dup1 Offline
James_dup1  Offline

ClubTheWorld Founder

London
agreed - it was fooking quality seeing people like Bungle, Steph again who i've not seen for aaaages and also finally meeting DJ Elemental. It was a very real reminder that we've got some QUALITY (said in 'Fin' style) people on here - and as the man Fin said himself to me last night - EVERYONE is quality when we're out - i really cant think of any exceptions. Just wish geography didnt get in the way so much

James Myddelton
ClubTheWorld Admin
#697313 - 10/26/2003 07:36 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: jon_m]  
CreamyC Offline
CreamyC  Offline

Carpal \'Tunnel

London
Quote:

jon_m said:
and is the reason i wont stop comin on here full time as i dont want to lose touch with members who i class as friends.

You may well class them as friends dude but I doubt they see it the same way. Have you ever heard of the saying "you cant polish a turd". You're that turd and its one of those turds that get on the bottom of peoples shoes. However, I have decided to take pity on your sorry ass and made you No2 fat cunt of ClubTheWorlds Hall Of Shame. No one beats me to No1.

#697314 - 10/26/2003 07:54 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: CreamyC]  
jon_m Offline
King Cunt
jon_m  Offline
King Cunt

Quote:

CreamyC said:
Quote:

jon_m said:
and is the reason i wont stop comin on here full time as i dont want to lose touch with members who i class as friends.

You may well class them as friends dude but I doubt they see it the same way. Have you ever heard of the saying "you cant polish a turd". You're that turd and its one of those turds that get on the bottom of peoples shoes. However, I have decided to take pity on your sorry ass and made you No2 fat cunt of ClubTheWorlds Hall Of Shame. No one beats me to No1.

cheers dude!! nicely put!!

#697315 - 10/26/2003 09:40 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: jon_m]  
djiceman Offline
Clubber
djiceman  Offline
Clubber

Stoke on Trent
I have no negative comments to say at all, all my comments are actually positive!

I've been a (regular) member on this site since November 2002 (if anyone wants to check..... fact freaks!) and i've seen quite a lot of past members and random faces drop off with a ew derogatory words to say about the site, but i won't drop off for quite a long time folks.....

my comments are: I love this CTW sie because i have met (net-wise, not socially......YET !!! ) quite a lot of peeps (i.e. Keve, James, Sarah, Maria and a lot more other raving nutters! ) but this site has, an still is good to me......I'm a member of KlubDJ.com but they do not appreciate me, nor my music, at all... so all i've gotta say now is:

KEEP CLUB THE WORLD GOING JAMES AND Co. !!!!!

u lot are -----> s

for listening to me

always there for the beer, but not wanting to pay!! Mobile number: 07990 - 936181 (bannanas 'r' us) e-mail: hunter@merseymail.com or: Mulder_1971@hotmail.com
#697316 - 10/27/2003 01:34 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: djiceman]  
Jay Offline
Is Cliquey
Jay  Offline
Is Cliquey

Quote:

djianw said:
but this site has, an still is good to me......I'm a member of KlubDJ.com but they do not appreciate me, nor my music, at all..

that wont ever happen here trust...

#697317 - 10/27/2003 01:37 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: Jay]  
CreamyC Offline
CreamyC  Offline

Carpal \'Tunnel

London
Quote:

Jay said:
Quote:

djianw said:
but this site has, an still is good to me......I'm a member of KlubDJ.com but they do not appreciate me, nor my music, at all..

Agreed.

that wont ever happen here trust...

#697318 - 10/27/2003 01:56 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: miss_diddy]  
FredTheBaddie Offline
FredTheBaddie  Offline

Fat Tulip's Garden
Quote:

miss_diddy said:
Quote:

FredTheBaddie said:

take your own advise, schange your hair!!

Into what ?

Fred The Baddie Email: FredTheBaddie at ClubTheWorld dot com MSN: Fox_Raynard at hotmail dot com I am not part of any majority -- Now in my MP3 player : Agnelli & Nelson - Holding on to Nothing --
#697319 - 10/27/2003 01:58 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: FredTheBaddie]  
miss_diddy Offline
Mawias sex slave !
miss_diddy  Offline
Mawias sex slave !

hants
I dunno grow it long into a mullet & have your natural colour!!!!!

#697320 - 10/28/2003 01:24 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: miss_diddy]  
FredTheBaddie Offline
FredTheBaddie  Offline

Fat Tulip's Garden
Like you, you mean ?

#697321 - 10/28/2003 01:28 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: FredTheBaddie]  
miss_diddy Offline
Mawias sex slave !
miss_diddy  Offline
Mawias sex slave !

hants
you need your eyes checked hon, no mullet on my head!!!!

#697322 - 10/28/2003 01:29 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: miss_diddy]  
CreamyC Offline
CreamyC  Offline

Carpal \'Tunnel

London
Theres a mullet coming way soon.

#697323 - 10/28/2003 01:36 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: CreamyC]  
miss_diddy Offline
Mawias sex slave !
miss_diddy  Offline
Mawias sex slave !

hants
Quote:

CreamyC said:

leave your fly's closed please Creamy!!!

#697324 - 10/28/2003 01:41 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: miss_diddy]  
CreamyC Offline
CreamyC  Offline

Carpal \'Tunnel

London
Quote:

miss_diddy said:
Quote:

CreamyC said:

leave your fly's closed please Creamy!!!

Oooops.

#697325 - 10/28/2003 01:59 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: CreamyC]  
James_dup1 Offline
James_dup1  Offline

ClubTheWorld Founder

London

James Myddelton
ClubTheWorld Admin
#697326 - 10/28/2003 02:03 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: James_dup1]  
miss_diddy Offline
Mawias sex slave !
miss_diddy  Offline
Mawias sex slave !

hants
Quote:

James said:

yeh james but this is psoitive friendly member banter!!!

#697327 - 10/28/2003 03:01 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: miss_diddy]  
Crill Offline
CTW's thieving scally !
Crill  Offline
CTW's thieving scally !

Kingston
I was sitting on the balcony in the academy on Saturday. When I looked around me, all I could see was CTW peeps. I think it was the first time I actually felt like I was part of something. A lot of you guys I have only met a couple of times, some of you only once, but we were all sitting together as if we were all best of friends. Thats quite a special thing to achieve in this day and age.
At the end of the day, 6 months ago I never knew anyone in London, now I cant go out without bumping into someone I know.
I am really glad I found this site and whatever shit goes on in here during the week, none of it matters once we get on the dancefloor.

Needed to be said. Thanks for listening.

#697328 - 10/28/2003 03:11 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: Crill]  
miss_diddy Offline
Mawias sex slave !
miss_diddy  Offline
Mawias sex slave !

hants
Well said Crill, this show's the difference between the banter on the board & the actual meets, we all at times may not see eye to eye on the board & this will always be the case, but it does not mean the community spirit is any less, when we all meet up we have a laugh & get along Which tells me not to take the board as such so seriously, see it as not only a community that wants to meet up etc but a chat/banter site also

#697329 - 10/28/2003 04:46 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: Crill]  
Dawn Offline
"Likes grubby lads"
Dawn  Offline
"Likes grubby lads"

Leicestershire
Quote:

Crill said:
I was sitting on the balcony in the academy on Saturday. When I looked around me, all I could see was CTW peeps. I think it was the first time I actually felt like I was part of something. A lot of you guys I have only met a couple of times, some of you only once, but we were all sitting together as if we were all best of friends. Thats quite a special thing to achieve in this day and age.
At the end of the day, 6 months ago I never knew anyone in London, now I cant go out without bumping into someone I know.
I am really glad I found this site and whatever shit goes on in here during the week, none of it matters once we get on the dancefloor.

Needed to be said. Thanks for listening.

Yep thought just the same thing at Wildchild

(I wasn't on a balcony though)
(I don't live in London either)

But you get the gist

#697330 - 10/28/2003 04:59 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: Dawn]  
rickd Offline
Just Because I Can
rickd  Offline
Just Because I Can

Somewhere
Is this post still going on...

Notice no one answered my earlier post concerning manners...

#697331 - 10/28/2003 09:24 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: rickd]  
Zen_Master Offline
Zen_Master  Offline

Leeds
My view is that it is impossible to please every body all, of the time, and the board is bound to have new people coming on and leaving again if they dont like the feel/atmosphere of the place. Members can be as welcoming as you want, but some people still will not respond. This is simple human nature.

The board is bound to change over time, and lamenting over lost friends and members is, imo anyway, a waste of time and energy.

This energy would be far better spent supporting and talking to those members who do post regularly and who actively support the board. There are plenty of message boards out there, and there will be one for everybody willing to put in the time and effort to find it.

Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit. ~ There has not been any great talent without an element of madness
#697332 - 10/28/2003 09:31 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: Zen_Master]  
miss_diddy Offline
Mawias sex slave !
miss_diddy  Offline
Mawias sex slave !

hants
Quote:

Zen_Master said:
My view is that it is impossible to please every body all, of the time, and the board is bound to have new people coming on and leaving again if they dont like the feel/atmosphere of the place. Members can be as welcoming as you want, but some people still will not respond. This is simple human nature.

The board is bound to change over time, and lamenting over lost friends and members is, imo anyway, a waste of time and energy.

This energy would be far better spent supporting and talking to those members who do post regularly and who actively support the board. There are plenty of message boards out there, and there will be one for everybody willing to put in the time and effort to find it.

#697333 - 10/28/2003 09:35 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: miss_diddy]  
luu_luu Offline
Doesn't want to be a member
luu_luu  Offline
Doesn't want to be a member

leicester
for once that man talks sence!!!

email/msn........ louise_townsend77@hotmail.com "Luu Luu - new and improved, now powered by Phil B"
#697334 - 10/29/2003 08:37 AM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: Zen_Master]  
James_dup1 Offline
James_dup1  Offline

ClubTheWorld Founder

London
Quote:

Zen_Master said:

And this has been my fault / problem since day 1 - listening to far too many minorities - I suppose I just dont want us to miss any tricks but now realise that peoples' mood swings, including mine, change from day to day on the board but the end product from a night out together is a bunch of smiley faces

James Myddelton
ClubTheWorld Admin
#697335 - 10/29/2003 05:22 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: luu_luu]  
Zen_Master Offline
Zen_Master  Offline

Leeds
Quote:

luu_luu said:
for once that man talks sence!!!

what do you mean for once?

i feel insulted, and am now off to sulk in the corner....

Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit. ~ There has not been any great talent without an element of madness
#697336 - 11/04/2003 06:54 PM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: Zen_Master]  
Sophie Offline
CTW Saucepot
Sophie  Offline
CTW Saucepot

north london
i have not read the whole of the post but i have briefly gone through it.

my god people now that i am hardly ever the cause of a problem on ctw, i am finding these posts to be absoloubtly stupid! do yourselfs all a favour, go away for 2 weeks come back and then re read it! your views would have changed!

james- i know you too well, and it sounds to me like you are trying to please eveyone, let me tell you, you wont! it is so hard to make every one happy!, and you will never succeed no matter how hard you try! james you have a lovely house, a good job, and a decent girlfriend, dont waist your time trying to sort out a problem that is practically impossible! put your efforts into something else for example your future!

i am a great believer of the saying you only live once!

#697337 - 11/08/2003 03:21 AM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: Sophie]  
Big_ee69 Offline
Funky House Activator
Big_ee69  Offline
Funky House Activator

Southfields - London
Try as we may, getting large groups of people to do what we want is difficult, unless we are called Boss or Lieutenent.
So on a board where people can (more or less) post what they like...and attend one, some or no meet-ups...the direction, popularity of genre or thread, and success of a meet-up tends to happen randomly.
I've been to loads of meet-ups in and around london...and enjoyed most if not all..some had 30 0r 40 ctw's some only two...
I think that worrying about which direction the board is going in..when no one is running it fulltime is an exercise in futility, it willl go in which ever dierection it goes in..and peeps will either stay or they won't..which is just as it should be.
Pretty much agree with Soph... James I would not worry about it.

ee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To hear, One must be silent Email:Big_ee69@hotmail.com Msn: Big_ee69@hotmail.com
#697338 - 11/10/2003 02:01 AM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: Big_ee69]  
Bunnykins Offline
Proper Clubber
Bunnykins  Offline
Proper Clubber

North London
I think the amount of moderation to the site recently has been the cause of a lot of members leaving/not posting as much as they use to - also being slated for certain comment n general slagging off. When I met up with people in clubs - I use to tell 'em about ctw n be proud of the website - it was sumwhere u could go n hook up with similar m8s n generally bond well together, these days although it has got better the last few wks tbh id b embarrassed if i gave sum1 a card n they came on here - coz its not exactly a friendly site anymore. I rememeber at Tidy loads of us off ctw met up n we had amazing time tho most of us agreed how downhill the site had gone n how we never bothered to post anymore. I also think one of the main problems recently is the slatings peeps get for mentioning drugsz on here ok - ok its illegal but ffs most of us do it - if u go out n get pissed then usually after a nite out u mention it so y ban peeps or slate them for talking about something most of us do - ie removing the drugs/health issues - for a lot of people its something u cant actually talk about with anyone who doesnt go clubbin & is whether you like it or not a bond between clubbers n something which is discussed and this forum and general chat prob helped peeps who mayb had probs with it rather than now they feel shut out n embarassed to talk about it - btw I'm not saying I do wanna talk about drugs all the time I dont - I've personally decided to cut rite down and this w/end done clubbing 2 nites totally straight and had betta time than the last clubbin w/end when i ws trashed - so I'm not trying to promote drugs in this - jsut saying that taking away that forum or the rite in otehr forums to talk about thsoe issues has alienated people who b4 use to post.
I still come on here n I havnt got any probs/issues with anyone personally, I jsut dont post as much as after the way the site has changed I really cant be arsed tbh a lot of the time.
There have been quite a few peeps leave on here since i joined tho thats not to say the newer ones arnt jsut as nice, I just dont know them as well as they mainly go to different clubs to me.
Most of my closest mates are all off ctw tho most of us r the same with the amount of negative replies to posts its put msot of us off posting on a regular basis!

nice 1 brother , i said nice one...!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#697339 - 11/10/2003 02:16 AM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: Bunnykins]  
benrostwood Offline
DJ Benny Glass
benrostwood  Offline
DJ Benny Glass

Back at uni in Cardiff
all im gonna say is that i joined cos of some of the nicest people id ever met @ tw4 and was told that i wud be welcomed by all. I acted as i do on the other forum i frequent and ended up being slated by various members including a moderator. Is this wrong i ask every1???

I also agree with everything that bunnykins has just said.

Djing with cds is the way forward. Ne questions about cd decks to me. www.faceparty.com/benrostwood MSN: benrostwood@yahoo.com
#697340 - 11/10/2003 10:03 AM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: Bunnykins]  
liquideyes Offline
Anti-fun Campaigner
liquideyes  Offline
Anti-fun Campaigner

London, UK
Each unto their own Bunny. Personally I find it a bit dull reading about how pissed/mashed/monged people got on a night out; much more interesting to hear about the music / DJs / atmosphere / club etc. Not saying I'm above getting wasted; but usually drug "banter" is little more than boasting / in-jokes / one-upmanship. I'm all for informative discussion of drugs.

I don't find it embarrassing telling people about the board. I've met lots of cool people through CTW and enjoy coming on the website (despite the volume of inane threads!)

#697341 - 11/10/2003 11:12 AM Re: Negative Member Feedback [Re: Big_ee69]  
James_dup1 Offline
James_dup1  Offline

ClubTheWorld Founder

London
Quote:

Big_ee69 said:
I think that worrying about which direction the board is going in..when no one is running it fulltime is an exercise in futility, it will go in which ever direction it goes in, and peeps will either stay or they won't..which is just as it should be.

Totally agree with this, I'm really not going to worry about what direction the site might go in anymore - I will do what I can on the site when I have time (which is less and less now anyway) and Kev will plan as many Member-oriented events as he can, when he has time. Maybe we'll be happier in a few months time, maybe we wont exist at all - it kind of keeps you on the ball and its healthy to be so - but not to the extent we were before where we were effectively living in the past and wanting the site back down to 50 members.

I'm sure we can all get <something> out of this site if we try hard - I've already got most of what I want out of it and not particularly arsed if it all ends tomorrow - I've had the best weekends ever since doing this and I still have memories of going out clubbing on my own 3 years ago.

---

Re: Drugs - people can still talk about them in Serious but we're not a drugs helpline and shouldnt try to be. Also, yes loads of people do them - so you can speak to them on MSN or even phone them up perhaps

Re: Anons - I really thought this feature would be useful but it was abused so much we couldnt be arsed with it anymore - it didnt work on this site.

James Myddelton
ClubTheWorld Admin
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  CreamyC, James_dup1 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 6 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Admin2017, Dj_Watson, Lucy_fur, Banana_Moo, jackripper
2123 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
CreamyC 31,828
Maria 22,280
Claire DC 21,708
Mr_Moo 14,793
James_dup1 12,468
Mr_Happy 11,873
SarahPvc 10,883